Happy Tuesday, all!
Today we’re talking how much better it is to workout with a friend. Finding the motivation to make it to the gym can be tough, ESPECIALLY now that we have (I guess?) officially entered Winter here in KC – no one likes venturing out to the gym in the freezing cold! Since Maddie has moved back to KC full time, it is SO much easier for us to make sure we get our workout in for the day. We are each other’s motivation! Sharing 5 reasons to workout with a friend below.
- You’ll workout harder. Don’t lie. Every time you’re next to someone on a treadmill you’re taking a peak at their speed, time and intensity, right? We can’t be the only ones 😉 We’re all a little competitive! When you’re with a friend you’ll push each other to keep going, make it to that 30 minute mark, or go do those ab workouts you always put off at the end. Maddie always pushes me to keep going and I always leave happier knowing I didn’t skip out on those last 20 minutes!
- You’ll be more motivated. Think about it. Every time you say to yourself “I’ll go workout after work” how many times do you find an excuse not to go or something that you just haaaaavvveee to go do that takes precedent over the gym? More often than not! It’s way harder (and much more effort) to miss a gym date when you make plans with someone else.
- Workouts can be more fun. We realize most people are trying to socialize at the gym. Nothing more frustrating than that person who wants to have a full blown conversation when you’re 15 minutes deep on the stair master! However, when Maddie and I go together, the time not only passes by so much quicker, but we end up having a blast and catching up in between different workouts.
- Sharing Tips. Maddie and I have different workout routines but whenever we go together we are always reminding each other of moves we forget about or need to be doing. Maddie is a huge runner and I like to spend ample time weightlifting, so when we go together we end up getting the best of both worlds and a killer workout.
- Shared goals. If two of you are working towards a common goal, it helps to build more resolve and resilience. It’s a great feeling to achieve a goal, and it can be even better when you achieve it with someone else!
There are plenty of reasons to workout with a partner but Maddie and I’s favorite is just spending a little extra time together and getting to hang out while also getting in a good sweat!
Have a great week!
Ash & Maddie